Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

BCNY Music Spotlight : Ramona


The Fabulous Songstress Ramona

Ramona  is a singer/songwriter hailing from Queens NY. Ramona's music  has a very soulful sound and I feel there is a raw passion to her music. In my opinion you can tell she deeply feels the songs that she writes and that is apparent while you are listening. I met Ramona a little over a year ago after her song " Love Under The Sun" had already been released. Ramona not only wrote and sang the song....she produced it as well!
She is currently back and forth to the studio working hard on her new EP titled " Rooting For The Underdog",  holding down a FT job, and living a busy life which includes traveling. Ramona captures you with her music reminiscent of the ways of  such other great R and B divas like Sade,  Chaka Khan , Jill Scott , and Angie Stone. I wanted to share her musical talent with you all because I believe in her ability to transcend all limitations, reach many different demographics, and  ultimately touch her listeners where it counts...in their heart... and that's the way I see it Xx Billy Charles

BC: Where did you grow up?
R: I grew up in South Jamaica, Queens and Long Island, NY

BC: What's your nationality?
R I am of mixed Caribbean ethnicity,  translation...I am a mutt! ( both laugh)

BC:  At what age did you start becoming  interested in music?
R: I would say I became interested in music at the age of four. I can thank a close relative for buying me  my first toy microphone back then because that is what fueled my creative/musical journey thus far.

BC:  When did you decide you would pursue music as a career?
R: Music, pretty much decided for me, as odd as that sounds. So at 19 years old I was hired as a wedding/corporate singer and in the same year realized that I was meant to be an independent singer/songwriter.
BC: Was your family supportive?
R: Yes.

BC: Who are your musical inspirations?
R: I have way too many musical inspirations but they range from Bach and Chopin to Stevie Wonder to Chaka Khan to Led Zepplin to Nas to Lauryn Hill !

BC: If you could...who would you love to work with one day ?
R: I would LOVE to work with Jeff Bhasker, the man is a genius, he has produced and/or written for Beyonce and Alicia Keys, to name a few. I would also love to write for a variety of singers and bands but that would be a scroll.  I would love to duet with Jill Scott, that would give me life!
BC: Yes Child! Giving Me life! That's my favorite saying! ( both laugh) .

BC: Describe your sound to me...
R: My vocal sound is rich, full toned alto, and I sing with purpose.  My musical sound is eclectic and soulful.







" Love Under The Sun" by Ramona Spot Is available on itunes for purchase here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/ramona/id492453909



BC: Tell me about your song " Love Under The Sun"...what or who were you inspired by?
R: I wrote "Love Under The Sun" while I was at work, it was raining outside, in the moment feeling quite romantic, and for some reason a scene from the movie "Jason's Lyric" popped in my mind...the rest is history!
BC: What music/projects are you working on currently?
R: Right now I am in the process of recording my EP, "Rooting For The Underdog"


Ramona  :  Rooting For The The Underdog



R: I have been in the studio recording my third piece entitled "When I Close My Eyes"...I'm so excited to share it with you all soon.

BC:  I can't wait! When can we expect a new song available for purchase?
R: My upcoming single "Naked", an acoustic ballad, is slated for release in June of this year on all major mp3 distributors.

BC  What do you want fans to know about who Ramona Spot is?
R:  Ramona is a young woman who has experienced many things, good and bad, and I share my music as a way to relate and connect with people. Writing music is my therapy, singing IS my release.  My music is what gels the whole story together. I work full time, and do the best I can with whatever resources I have, regardless of the limitations and I intend on writing songs for the rest of my life.

BC: Thank you for sharing your talent with my readers! I am excited for your new music and I hope you will come back to www. BillyCharlesNY.com when  your new song is released!
R: Thank you as well for the opportunity and that's a guarantee sweets! ( both laugh).





You can follow and connect with Ramona on Twitter @RamonasSpot




1 comment:

  1. Another fantastic interview !!! Xox BILLY. From tlcville terry

    ReplyDelete