Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Young And The Fabulous : The Artistry Of Ariel Alfonso






As a part of my new feature," The Young And The Fabulous", on www.BillyCharlesNY.com , I have been seeking out hot young talents from various genres to showcase on my site.
I am doing a Q and A with resident Palm Beach , FL make-up artist Ariel Alfonso. Ariel first caught my eye on YouTube where he has a channel doing make up tutorials.
Ariel is creatively driven and there is no boundaries to his imagination and self expression. I also believe there are no limits as to how far his talents as an artist will take him.Wise beyond his years and having been through so much at an early age, getting to know Ariel left me both impressed and wanting to know more...
Find out about Ariel and what makes him " Young and Fabulous" the way I see it ! Xx Billy Charles




Ariel Alfonso 



State your full name ... Ariel Alfonso Diaz

How old are you? 20 

What is your nationality? Cuban/ Brazilian/ Spanish/ Black

Where did you grow up? I grew up in a small town right outside of the capital of Cuba, came to the states at age 6

Where do you live? West Palm beach, Florida

Whats your profession? Freelance Make-Up Artist, drawer, 
painter, graphic design, photo retouching, and all around artist.



                                                                http://www.youtube.com/user/theevanitydiary
 
How did you get into make up artistry? I've always been an artist, since I didn't know English when I was younger, I'd always turn to art as a form of self expression, then growing up Halloween was always my favorite time of year so I'd do my own and friends makeup. then in early 2012 I started to pursue it professionally and have been obsessed ever since. 

Tell my readers about your YouTube channel....when/why you started and what it's about...  I started my YouTube channel about a year ago, have not used it tons but when I do it's mostly about makeup tips/advice. I'm looking forward to use it a lot more often in the near future. 



Follow THEEVANITYDIARY on Instagram! 


Who or what inspires you? Anything and everything inspires me, I'm constantly cooking up crazy artistic ideas in my head. From a box of gym to a vogue cover I can pretty much draw a look from anything.  


What trends/products are you loving right now? My favorite trend of the moment is clean "dewy" type skin and orange eyes, achieved with Mac mineralize moisture foundation and orange cream eye shadows. 



What has been your favorite job so far? There's not really one that stands out, but my favorite thing is when someone gets so overwhelmed with emotion and cries tears of joy over how much they like how they look.

What are you hoping to achieve in your career? If I can go through life and just make it easier for one person to not have to face as much discrimination for simply doing what they love, then I've taken my career where I wanted it to be. 
Dating or taken? Care to share ? Completely single, married to my work, currently!


What do you like to do for fun? I love to watch movies and shop. Little trips with friends are always a given. I'm pretty introverted so what you see is what you get. 




Where do you envision your future self? I see myself with my own book, make-up line and if I'm fortunate enough my own charity for underprivileged youth, empowering them with art. 



Follow Ariel on Twitter @TheeVanityDiary 

1 comment:

  1. Good interview. I agree with BCNY saying that it left me wanting to know more about Ariel. Love the idea that Ariel may some day start a charity for underprivileged children. To me that shows he is a very caring person. Thank you Billy and Ariel for sharing.

    @StevenMarcuccilli

    ReplyDelete