Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Real Amanda Bertoncini from Princesses of Long Island

The Fierce and Real Amanda Bertoncini 
I recently had the chance to chat with the fun and fabulous Amanda Bertoncini CEO and founder of  the product " Drink Hanky" . She is also one of the stars of  Bravo television's break out shows Princesses Of Long Island. Despite misconceptions and the connotations that come along with having a label such as princess ...Amanda, as I found out, proved to be anything but! She is a hardworking, fun loving entrepreneur and above all else...she is real. What you see is what you get and Amanda wouldn't want it any other way!
Get to know her the way I see it as she answers my questions below! Xx Billy Charles
  What is your full name ?Amanda Anne Bertoncini

What is your nationality? Italian and Greek. 100% Jewish 


Where did you grow up? Born in  Forest Hills, NY moved to Great Neck, NY when I was 7 years old. I attended Saddle Rock elementary school and Great Neck South Middle School & High School. Graduated from Hunter College in Manhattan. 

When and how did you come up with the idea for your product Drink Hanky and tell my readers what it is!
The Drink Hanky is what our team likes to call, beverage couture. It is a fashionable sleeve for hot or cold drinks. I  love iced coffee even in the winter. With the Drink Hanky your hands won't become numb from the cold, it prevents rings on your desk and cup holder, as well as being a fun  fashion statement. Bring your Drink Hanky's to the gym, parties and even as house warming gifts. 


WORK! Drink Hanky!




I started The Drink Hanky website in November of 2011, which after creating the patent, was finally ready for its introduction. Before it's first production,  I would paste napkins together with scotch tape and make my own sleeve for drinks. That would fall apart after 30 minutes! With my partners, we created a box-like figure on the bottom of each Hanky so that it  will stand even without liquid in the cup or bottle. Each Drink Hanky also has elastic now for a better fit. 


Where would you like to see your brand go in a few years from now?   
I would like to sell The Drink Hanky to top retailers such as Bloomingdale's, Target and Bed Bath & Beyond as well as sports arenas and theaters. 

How did you end up on Bravo TV's Princesses of Long Island? Has it been good for your business? 


Amanda and her fellow Princesses

 Our production company is from Long Island and was privy to our group of girls. They pitched it  to bravo and what a ride  that has been! Even though I always said "where are the cameras for this?!" during dramatic situations I never thought that would actually happen. From the show my company, The Drink Hanky was able to find two terrific partners to take the business to the next level. I am beyond grateful. 



What surprised you the most about filming a Reality Show?   

The way people automatically think they know who you are. I have worked since I am 13 years old and there is nothing spoiled about me. Also how people thought Jeff was gay! Wow that could not be further from the truth! 

Describe your style to me and how do you feel about the Lady GaGa comparisons?   



Va Va Va Voom!


The " Ga-Ga-esque" Amanda B
I am Obsessed with Lady Gaga!
So keep 'em coming! I have loved her since she had brown hair and would perform at dive bars on the lower east side. We are both an Aries. Her birthday is March 28, 1986 and mine is March 31, 1986. We look alike, I am obsessed with fashion and we both can have dirty minds ha! People even say we talk alike. I was mistaken for Gaga while pumpkin picking with Jeff at Hicks farm. I was taking pictures with fellow long islanders who watched Princesses and this woman literally thought I was Gaga. I kept telling her "no" but she didn't speak English. I thought to myself, 'ok well make her day then!' I have always had my own style which is very bohemian and vintage. I love pairing things together that people don't necessary think of.
Any news with your beau Jeff yet as far as being engaged? 


Amanda and her beau Jeff 



Not engaged yet but still very much in love! It is our 2 year anniversary February 1st. 2 years exactly since the day we met on the Long Island Rail Road!

Which girls are you the closet with on the show ? 


Amanda and Joey


I am the closest with Joey. She is absolutely hysterical, witty, and a true genuine friend. She will say things to my face if I need to hear the hard truth and vise versa. That's what real friends do. 


Your Mom seems really fun and down to earth in which ways has she influenced you?   




My mom and I grew up together. She is amazing! She has always been very maternal and close to me. She once said this piece of information to me and I never forgot it. "Never rely on anyone but yourself". She helped make me the mature, independent, and compassionate woman I am today



Give me 5 Turn ons/offs: 



Turn on's  - kisses on the neck- when Jeff is strong but sensitive- honesty - well dressed - wit  
Turn off's - overbearing people - fake people - pretentious people-liars- B.O



Thank you so much for being REAL and please tell my  readers where they can find the fabulous  Drink Hanky? ...and I still want one with Skulls for my scotch glass...
I am obsessed with skulls so I will make that happen for sure! Your readers can purchase Drink Hanky in a  2, 4 or 5 pack today at...

www.drinkhanky.com and also on Amazon!

Follow us on twitter for all updates at @drinkhanky and @TheRealAmandaB_

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Billy for always being so easy to talk to and for all your continued support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great candid interview! That's my Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys wishing you both all the best xo

    ReplyDelete