Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Season 5 Returns...Wigs,Weaves, and Bangs Oh My!




















Season 5 of The Real Housewives of Atlanta is finally here and not all " The Peaches" were  fresh in a good way. The new season came out strong right out of the gate and my prediction for RHOA5 is that it is going to be full of  Cray-Cray so hold on to your weaves guys and dolls! Speaking of weaves...the new season opened with " The Very Rich "  Ne Ne Leakes and her Muppet inspired hair complete with dew rag having a scene with on again off again ex husband Greg Leakes. In her usual hypocritical fashion ( claiming to never talk about her) she had to mention Kim Zolicack in her very first interview which really surprised me given her new found success on Glee and The New Normal. We didn't learn too much yet other than the fact that "she has arrived" and that she and Greg may be trying to rekindle the fire of a failed marriage. I guess we will have to wait and see how Ne Ne has changed ...or if she has. Was it my imagination or did Kim and Ne Ne look like they were on an episode of Bitch Stole My Look? 

There is nothing GLEE-full about this look on Ne Ne.
Who wore it better? Bitch Stole My Look!

Moving on to a seven months pregnant Kim Zolciack and her predicament of having to move out of her dream home.Kim and Kroy intended to buy the home from Kendra after the lease was up, but declined to do so due to an under market appraisal... to the tune of one million dollars under value. A major surprise was the reappearance of Sweetie as Kim's assistant again ( we will have to see how that plays out) which was just as surprising as Kim's new wig which I call "she bangs". Kim always gives " good TV" so even though she will not be playing a major part in season five I am sure she will monopolize the screen when she is shown.


Kim Zolciack..." She Bangs"
Kandi Burruss has returned with a new love interest, Todd,  who she met last season while filming the Africa trip. Kandi always keeps it real and I love that we get to watch her romance unfold on screen along with all her business ventures as she is building her "Kandi Koated" empire. You go girl and Mazel to you for keeping it positive .Congrats on the new house and do not take Kim's comments to heart she is always snarky and I believe she was miserable being pregnant in that Atlanta heat.
Kandi and her new BF Todd Tucker
Thankfully one of my favorite ATL housewives Phaedra " bringer of light"  Parks is back who, in my opinion, is always a pleasure to watch.I found her comment about being " The Vera Wang" of funerals funny and she definitely knows how to deliver the comedy and " Pomp and Circumstance" that she so greatly loves.
Kenya Moore and Phaedra Parks
I mean who else can pull off a story line about pet funerals? Judging from the trailer for the upcoming episodes we will also see a side of Phaedra and Apollo and their relationship  which will test their bonds and change the way we view them as the perfect couple.

Now it's that  time I told you about so to hang on to your weaves and wigs as we meet model, actress, Miss USA, producer, writer, bragger...Kenya Moore.
 It's never a good sign when an Atlanta Housewife tells us the first time we are seeing her that she " will beat a bitch down". The scene with Ms Lawrence and Kenya was fun only because I love him and he is Fabulous. After witnessing Kenya's atrocious behavior at The Bailey Agency I was completely turned off to her. As a former Miss USA she should be ashamed that she acted that way.Where was the poise and grace? That was definitely a fashion don't . I think she was playing it up for the camera ( I hope) and she was trying to make a name for herself and secure her spot on the show.
If one thing is for sure it's that  she will be good for ratings in the new season.My Twitter time line went nuts after that scene and the vibe on Kenya was the same...hated it.

Cynthia Bailey may have a back bone this season after all.

Cynthia's story started with her baby daddy Leon staying in her home as a guest while he visited their daughter Noelle. The subject of  ( yawn) homeschooling came up and little miss Noelle let her parents have it...like her mother she also knows how to " read" ( for those of you out there unsure of the lingo it means " to tell off " )
Cynthia, for me, doesn't bring much excitement to the table and I hope that changes this season. It is possible to be classy and fiery if you know what your doing ...hanging around all " the gays" as she has done in the fashion industry she should now how to by now.

We didn't get to see the second newbie to RHOA Porsha Williams Stewart but she will show up later in the season. I am kind of glad because after meeting Kenya Moore I was overwhelmed and couldn't possibly handle another personality at this point...baby steps.

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Season 5 Premiere was fun and it delivered what it was supposed to which was leaving us as viewers wanting more and that's the way I see it Xx Billy







2 comments:

  1. Great job as usual Billy !!!! It's gonna be a crazy season !!!! Xox @tlcville

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog. It was really nice to see Nene without the "Zac Morris" look if only for a minute. I think Miss Cynthia is gonna show us that other side of her. Love my Phaedra and Kandi. Can't wait for more!!

    ReplyDelete