Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Music Spotlight: The " Beautifully" Talented Daniel Alexander!



Daniel Alexander In Action!
Daniel Alexander is a singer and songwriter whose star is on the rise. Daniel has been performing and following his passion for music as long as he can remember. Daniel may be young, but he knows what it is that he wants. Daniel is hoping for stardom while setting himself apart amongst a wide array of music industry hopefuls. It is easy to see him achieving that goal because he  possesses both the drive and the talent to back himself up. Daniel Alexander has already written a few hot songs which led him to be nominated for the EOTM Awards in Los Angeles, California, where he will also be performing this August. Daniel is up for two awards that night : Best New Male Artist and also Best Pop Song! I  had the chance to catch up with Daniel  who is one busy guy! Between performing at events ( most recently at his Manager's, Matt Martin's, Birthday Bash),  and doing press on both coasts, I was able to gather some insight into what he is about and what motivates him and share that with you all!
 I hope you enjoy getting to know Daniel Alexander and his music as much as I did . Daniel is a great guy who has the " musical chops" and ambition to take himself all the way to the top and beyond .
"The Way I See It" he is almost there! Xx Billy Charles 



BC : I know you are very busy so first off thank you for taking the time to chat with me!
DA: ( laughs) Your welcome!  It's all good! I love sharing and connecting with my fans!
BC: Awesome! Let's get started...where did you grow up and what is your nationality?
DA: I grew up in Miami, FL. I am half Cuban, half El Salvadorian

BC: How has that shaped you to be the artist you are today?
DA: Growing up in Miami has allowed me to interact with and experience many different cultures. Living in one of the biggest melting pots of the United States has infused my music with urban rhythms which creates a Pop/R&B feel in even the most “danciest” of tracks.

BC: When were you first aware that you had a talent for singing and wanted to pursue music as a career?
DA: When I was 9 years old, I wrote my first poem entitled “Clouds.” It went on to win the school literary contest. Shortly after the release of the blockbuster movie “Evita,” I began to sing “Don’t Cry for me Argentina” for my family. It was then that everyone took notice of my singing ability. Among other things! ( both laugh) 

Daniel on the cover of Mark Magazine

BC: What or who are your inspirations when it comes to music and your career?
DA: I have many people that inspire me to be great. Two of my main inspirations are Madonna and Stevie Nicks. 
BC: Now your speaking my language and generation... Why?
DA: ( laughing)  I admire Madonna’s ambition, hard work and determination! Her relentless attitude and ability to overcome any obstacle thrown at her is something I apply to my own personal journey. Stevie Nicks is my vocal inspiration. Her music transcends generations and her style of songwriting is the canvas for my own personal artistry development.
BC: I have a feeling , being as young as you are, that you are an " old soul". 
DA: Yes I have heard that before!




BC: What, in your opinion, is the hardest thing about the music industry?
DA:  The hardest obstacle in the music industry is the climb to the top. Getting people to believe in you, regardless of how technically “good” you are is the struggle. The industry seems to have nothing to do with talent, but with how bad you actually want it.
BC: What has surprised you the most?
BC: The industry is very cut throat and very political. Making a mark in a very saturated market has been something that has made me open my eyes and work that much harder. 


BC: So regarding your music...do you write your own lyrics? 
DA: Yes...I discovered my writing ability before I knew I could sing. My lyrics are the basis to all of my music. Whether it’s the overly pop of pop songs or my more poetic side, it’s all equally as important to me. Music is my diary.

Listen to " Beautiful"  Here ( Explicit) :



Purchase " Beautiful" Here:



BC: Tell me about your song " Beautiful"  which you are nominated for an   EOTM Award and the meaning behind it ...
DA: “Beautiful” is the anthem of my generation. I wrote it for anyone who’s ever felt “out of place” or “different” than everybody else. When I began recording, industry professionals told me to lose weight, talk less “girly” among many other things. I used to be severely overweight. I would look at celebrities on television and cry because I didn’t feel I was “pretty” enough to be a singer. I then stopped moping around and began my road to weight loss at 15. When I was 20, I lost my last 30 pounds and wrote “Beautiful.”


Daniel is feeling " Beautiful" 


BC: What is it that you like about performing?
DA: EVERYTHING! The lights, crowd, nerves and adrenaline all invigorate my soul.

BC: Are you seeing anyone at this time? Does that influence you in your music?
DA: Some things I have to leave to your desire, my heart is one.
 BC: Hear that guys? ( both laugh)

BC: When you are not performing, writing, or in  the studio what do you like to do in your down time?
DA: I hang out with my closest friends, laugh and cause a lot of tom foolery. My life is a SHOWTIME stand-up comedy special.
BC: Sounds very entertaining...you need your own Bravo TV show!
DA: ( both laugh) I would love that!

BC: Tell me about five of your turn ons as well as five turn offs...

Shameless Selfie lol

DA: Turn ons ...Music, Humor, Food, Spirituality, and Loyalty 
Turn Offs...Negativity, Liars, Obsessive Selfies, Arrogance, and Bad Breath!

BC: Where would you like to see yourself in a few years and what are your aspirations?
DA: I strive to have a platform where my music can inspire people as it did me. Music is the universal language of life.
BC: I agree and wish you the best! Anything you want to leave my readers with?
DA: Yes... please listen to my music, don't be afraid to be who you really are , and vote for me to win at the EOTM TV Awards!!!


Read all about Daniel Alexander and his nominations for 
The EOTM TV AWARDS : http://eepurl.com/yIgDf


                            http://www.eotmawards.com/#!


Visit Daniel's Web Sites here for the latest on what is going on with him and his career! 




Follow Daniel Alexander on Twitter @DAlexandersings 
For bookings please contact : Bookings@OnlyMattMartin.com


2 comments:

  1. Great Interview! Looking forward to seeing Daniel take the music scene by storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it again wooly bear !!!!!! I don't have to say keep the FAB interviews coming , I know you will !!!!!! There's no stopping you now !!!!! Xox terry tlcville

    ReplyDelete