Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Getting To The Root Of The Matter With Celebrity Hair Stylist David Antunes !

Celebrity Hair Stylist David Antunes from Hair by David in Kearny  NJ

David Antunes is always searching for ways  to better himself and what he loves to do. It was that search that led him to achieve his  successful  career as a highly regarded celebrity hair stylist. David realized his dream of opening a boutique salon in his hometown and he caters to some of the best stars Hollywood has to offer... from A list actor Al Pacino to music industry veteran and rock legend Gene Simmons from Kiss. This has not changed David from the genuine and caring person that he is. David really appreciates his life and he  is grateful for how far he has come professionally , as he should be...he has worked hard to get there! Recently David Antunes has been getting a lot of  attention on the reality television scene thanks to Teresa Giudice from The Real Housewives Of New Jersey  and her new product line Milania Hair Care. David decided to look into carrying  Teresa Giuduce's hair care line in his Kearny NJ salon, Hair by David, and it caused such a commotion amongst his clients that it was sold out within the first five days of being stocked there! This wise business decision also led Milania Hair Care Reps to have Teresa Giudice herself do a " Meet and Greet" with fans and clients at his salon ( which garnered them both a ton of press) and the rest as they say is history!
Below I got to ask David a few questions and find out who he is and what he is all about.
 Meet David Antunes!

BC:  Tell me about your heritage and where you grew up...
DA: I was born in Newark, NY and raised in Kearny. My parents were born and raised in
Europe , Portugal.

BC: What were you like as a child?
DA: Well this is a tough question to answer ( both laugh) Hmm...how was I as a child?
I was a creative,  inquisitive, kind, active, a good brother, a good son, a good friend, and 
a  mama's boy!

BC: What was your family like and were they supportive of your decision to get involved in the beauty industry?
DA:  My family then was extremely supportive! My mother and my sisters were my biggest cheerleaders.


David Antunes in his fabulous salon Hair by David Photo credit : Reena Rose Sibayan/The Jersey Journal

BC: When were you first aware that you wanted to be a part of the beauty industry and what steps did you take to get to where you are now?
DA: Growing up as a child I never realized that I wanted to be a hairstylist. I was always told that I was extremely talented where fashion, hair , and  makeup were concerned but I never was in touch with that side. It wasn't unitl I was  21 years old working for a retail company that had transferred me out to Long Island and I had an epiphany!  I woke up one day and I said I think I want to go to cosmetology school and I want to be a hairstylist.
BC: Is that when you told your family?
DA: Yes...one weekend  I came home to visit my family  I told My parents I want to go to school to be a hairstylist but I just didn't want to be a hairstylist I wanted to be a special hairstylist. I wanted to do hair for television, photography, fashion, and for celebrities. I wanted to be something different than just your regular behind the chair hairstylist.
BC: You have definitely succeeded!
DA: Thank you but I am always striving to better myself!

BC: How would you describe yourself now ?
DA: It's so hard to speak about myself... I am extremely hard working,  very dedicated and committed, ambitious, passionate for life,  responsible, persistent, assertive, aggressive.
BC: Which is perfect for the business that you are in!
DA: Absolutely! I am a " Go Getter" ...if  I want something I don't let life pass me by. I am also a risk taker and I believe in Rules are meant to be broken (Of course that is some not all).

BC: Tell my readers about some of celebrity clientele that you have worked with...

Here a younger David Antunes works with Al Pacino
DA: It's a long list ( both laugh) Adriana Lima  Victoria's Secret model ,Karolina Kurkova Victoria's Secret model, Omorosa  from celebrity apprentice, Carmen Electra, Gene Simmons ( Kiss ), Dave Navarro, George Clooney, Christopher ReeveKim Cattrall,  Susan Sarandon, Geraldo Rivera , Janet Leigh, Robert Wagner, Alec Baldwin, Al Pacino, Legendary model Twiggy, Betsey Johnson, Susan Lucci,  Paul McCartney, Heather Mills, Supermodel Niki Taylor, Carson Daly ,Nelly ,Suze Orman, Blythe Danner , Dana Delany, Marg Helgenberger,  Mia Farrow,Roger Moore , Vendela ( model ), Joan Jett, Marcus Shenkenberg ( male model ) John Mc Enroe (former world number one professional tennis player), Patty Smith from the band Scandal, Regis Philbin and many more!
BC: Quite extraordinary and impressive! DA: Yes I have been blessed! 

Hair by David Salon in Kearny NJ

BC: Of course I want to hear all about your fabulous salon Hair by David...
DA:  The next chapter of me being a hairstylist was to be a salon owner. I opened my first salon in Harrison New Jersey September 2006 right away. I then started to plan a move into the  salon that I dreamt about for years and we started to look for store fronts. My partner and I prefered Kearny NJ where I grew up. We purchased a building and we totally renovated it! We were able to turn the existing space into a Fabulous boutique salon! 
BC: What was the process like?
DA:  A lot of research went into my vision. I traveled to Lisbon, Sevilla, Paris, London, Milan Rio de Janeiro São Paulo, Buenos Aires.  The look that I was going for the something very sophisticated and  old-school Hollywood.  I wanted something very elegant, clean lines , and very chic. What I had discovered in most of the salons as I have traveled throughout the world was that most of these high-end salons did not have waiting areas and   everyone worked by an appointment.  I thought that idea was wonderful and it eliminates people hanging out in the salon.
BC: What is the atmosphere in your salon like?
DA:  Very upbeat and fun! I play all types of music in the salon...it's  very eclectic and the  energy is alive!
We all are uniform with our look ...dressing in all black. My female shampoo  assistants wear red lipstick...this is all a look that I came up with and  consistency is extremely important! I  need to be set apart from everyone else in my neighborhood. It works  and everyone seems to love it!

BC: How did you hook up with Teresa Giudice from RHONJ  and Milania Hair Care ?

Teresa Giudice from The Real Housewives of New Jersey and David Antunes



DA: I have two sisters they are both fans of Teresa from The Real Housewives Of  New Jersey.
 One of my sisters,  Elizabeth, which I call her Liz,  Sent me a text message one evening , I believe it was like 10:45 PM,  telling me to look into a product line that Teresa was tweeting about targeting salon owners.
I looked into it. What got me right away with the packaging  I was extremely curious what this was about
So I sent Milania haircare an email inquiring about the product.
BC: when did you hear back?
DA:  Several weeks went by I didn't hear anything... all of a sudden I got an email and we were in touch with one another ! One day I was able to speak to Renée the marketing manager at Milania haircare and she said that she was going to sample me the  three products and she wanted my feedback the rest is history as you can see!
BC: Yes your salon has really been a great endorsement for Milania Hair Care!
DA: I fell in love with these products they are by far the best that I have ever worked with!
I went ahead and I placed my first order my first order...it sold out  in a matter of five days!
BC: That is amazing! Especially for a new product!
DA: Yes!  I was completely sold out and I kept reordering . Hair by David was then invited to the official launch party. After the launch party I did what I had to do to make my salon successful.  I kept ordering this product... I believed in it my and stylists loved it . I was absolutely thrilled with this new product that I have brought into my salon and couldn't get enough of it  Nor could my clients.


BC:  How did you get to meet Teresa Giudice? 
DA: Milania Hair Care suggested a meet and greet event at my salon with Teresa Giudice . It was a great idea it was a huge success for Milania Hair Care . Then Teresa asked me to participate at the IBS ( International Beauty Show ) show which takes place every year at the Jacob Javits Center and Of course I said yes! The show was so  amazing and it was off the hook ! We sold out!  I have no voice from speaking so much the past three days the music was so so so loud the energy was just insane I loved every single second of it!

BC: How would you describe Teresa Giudice to my readers having worked along side her?
DA: Teresa is a very hard working dedicated to her family and her career and in my opinion is a responsible woman...for sure her family comes first! She is sweet,  humble, kind, and  she treats people with respect. Teresa remembers peoples names which says a lot about someone. The little conversations that I had with her, don't forget we were very busy working with  no time for chitchatting, I can tell that she has many great qualities about herself. I am looking forward into getting to know her better seems like she would be a wonderful friend.


Teresa, David, and Team Milania Hair Care!
Teresa Giudice and celebrity make-up artist Priscilla Di Stasio at The IBS
Traci Di Marco from Jerseylicious

Alex McCord formerly of RHONY  and David Antunes

BC: What is it about  Milania Hair Care  that makes  these products so special?
DA: These three products are by far the best that are out on the market they repair , replenish your hair 
it leaves your hair feeling soft, silky sleek ,shiny the smell is unbelievable! This is the Bentley  of all hair care products you're not going to get anything better than this. I have never used anything like this all of my years of doing hair and that's 20+ years .It has made my career as a hairstylist easier. I now have the right products to get the looks that my clients have been asking for years! It's a miracle in a bottle... it's absolutely amazing and for beautiful healthy looking hair use Milania Haircare!



Milania Hair Care is carried in David Antunes's salon Hair by David in Kearny NJ



BC: What can we expect from you professionally  in the future and what are some of your personal goals?
DA:  To continue to grow professionally . I don't know what's out there in store for me but I know something good is waiting for me...meanwhile I will continue to be successful at what I do!
There's no stopping me I'm constantly thinking and constantly growing.

BC: What advice can you give the thousands of young hopefuls trying to make it in the business?
DA: You have to be hungry to make it! Somebody right behind you wants what you have make sure that you shine to your fullest potential. Hard work does not go unnoticed...go after your dreams don't let anyone get in your way even if they tell you that you're not going to make it. Don't let anyone tear you down you keep going for what you want. Don't shoot for the stars ,,,shoot for the moon it's Further ( both laugh) Never give up! Believe and you shall receive
BC: That is great advice and I live by ask, believe, and receive myself! Thank you so much for the insight into your exciting career and i know my readers will love your story!
DA: Thank you so much I really appreciate the opportunity as well and If you are every in Kearny please stop by my salon and see it for yourself!
BC: Sounds like a plan!

David Antunes is starting another chapter in his life and shows us that it is never too late to go after a dream or strive to be better at what you already are doing. David  has a real zest for life that is contagious and The Way I See It there is plenty more in store for this' Fabulicious"  hair style guru! Xx Billy Charles

Please follow David Antunes on Twitter @HairbyDavi
follow Teresa Giudice on Twitter @Teresa_Giudice


Photo Credit : Reena Rose Sibayan/The Jersey Journal

You can find out all about David's Salon Here :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hair-by-David/194455323903417

You can find out all about Milania Hair Care at www.MilaniaHairCare.com


6 comments:

  1. Great interview... David seems like a cool guy...
    thanks men...
    Johnny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow David gives everyone GREAT hair days !!!! And we all know that's a FABULOUS feeling !!!!!!!! Good job again wooly bear. Xox terry tlcville

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANtastic blog! We just LOVE our Milania here in Philly, PA. It has made a big difference in our hair. Every day we wake up and say Thank God for Milania. I may never get to have my hair done by David but it's good to know that he sees the same qualities in Teresa that I saw when she signed her second book for me. We only use Milania in this house and have been since it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I read your post and i appreciate your efforts. The information that you share in the above article is very nice and useful .All the things that you share with people, are very nice. Thanks for this article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are always fashion conscious and like to keep up with all the latest trends, you will undoubtedly be a white men black women observer and very knowledgeable about celebrity lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete