Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Introducing " Mr Possible" Abdi Omar

Abdi Omar working on one of his motivational speech videos for YouTube !


When you are having a bad day or are thinking that you can not handle one more thing that life has thrown your way there is usually a message sent to you to inspire and offer you hope. There is that silver lining... and nobody knows that better than Abdi Omar who has decided to broadcast his motivational messages to the world via his You Tube channel Abdi Omar TV. Abdi Omar has severe cerebral palsy and he is not letting his disability stand in the way of his hopes and dreams. He wants to show the world that nothing is impossible earning him the nick name " Mr Possible". So far Abdi has 536 subscribers on his Your Tube channel and his motivational speech videos have received over 117,000 views! Abdi Omar doesn't have time for any haters who are leaving negative comments on his videos either! Abdi sees no point in engaging them...he knows where his energy is best spent and that is focusing on the positive and helping to inspire one person at a time with his uplifting speeches. Abdi Omar hopes to  one day be  the best motivational speaker out there...The way I see it Abdi Omar is headed for global success! 



BC: Where are you from?
AO: I was born in Somalia in the capital Mogadishu.

BC: How old are you?
AO:I am 19 years old

BC: Tell me about your disability?
AO: I have a cerebral palsy and is a disability which has different levels. For example I have the highest disability. Some people think if you have disability then you can't do anything for yourself and it isn't true. Having any kind of disability cannot stop you from doing what you love to do. For example... you want to be a motivator speaker but you can't talk... you will find any equipments to help you. I use a machine to talk and it changed my life for the better!

BC: Why and when did you start your You Tube Channel?
AO: I started AbdiOmarTv in August 2012 and I wanted to see what will happen if I make videos on YouTube. I watched a lot of inspiring videos by people with disability and I found it very inspiring because I didn't know a lot of successful disabled people. The only person who I knew of  was Steven hawking and when I was 15  I started looking up to him. One day I uploaded a video talking about my disability and people seemed to be interested...nowAbdiOmarTv is going strong and inspiring thousands people around the world!







BC: What message are you hoping that everyone gets from watching your videos?
AO: I started AbdiOmarTv just for fun but with time it became something which people can benefit from. In my second video called Abdi Omar II I started inspiring people because I wanted to show if you have disability or not you can do anything that you want. I have received a lot of positive comments about how the video inspired them and it made me feel very proud. I will continue doing the videos because I believe it will inspire millions of people around the world and I love inspiring people.

BC: What advice would you give someone with a disability or facing adversity in their life?
AO: I would like to tell them this don't give up because you were given this life the reason is you have the strength to live it. I know having disability can be very difficult but it is all about how we act to it for example if we are being positive and not letting the disability hold us back from achieving our goals then everything will be OK. Having disability is not a problem for me because I have accepted it. now I will try to live as the best I can.

BC: What are your thoughts on the world today and our youth?
AO: I believe we can make the world a better place if we work together and forget about the skin color and what religion we believe in because we must remember we all belong to the same human race.Now is the time to start act like one before we destroy this world. I believe people judge today's youths to quickly because of how they act and how they dress. I feel we must give a chance to everyone to change their life because everyone can change with help.

BC: What are your plans for the future , where do you see your self?
AO: I would love to be a motivator because I think I am already good at it and with time I am sure I will get better. One day I want people to think having disability is normal and live their life as normal as possible. I will work my hardest to build a international charity called Abdi Omar charity which will improve the lives of those who are in need.

BC: What do you like to do for fun? What are some things you enjoy?
AO: I like tweeting some inspirational and motivation quotes and I like going to the cinema with my friends. 
BC: I see that! you have over 8000 followers! I like that they Tweet using #TeamAbdi
AO: Yes I am blessed to have them! 
BC: What do you do when your not on your computer?
AO: When I am not on my computer I like listening to music especially hip hop and my favorite  rapper at this moment is Macklemore  because he talks about life. I think he will have positive effect on  the world. My favorite  rapper of all time is 2pac!

BC: Thank you for sharing with my readers and I am excited to see what the future has in store for you!
AO: Your welcome...you never know! The sky is the limit! 


" Just remember ...everything is possible " 
  Abdi Omar 




Follow Abdi Omar on Twitter @AbdiOmartv and please subscribe  to his You Tube Channel!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ABDIOMARTV?feature=watch

1 comment:

  1. Very inspirational !!!!!!! And what a great attitude this young man has !!!!!! And Billy !!!! Yet another great interview xox terry tlcville xox

    ReplyDelete